For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 2 9 11

How to put identifiers into a request message in order not to how the 50 characters limit?

Below works where Identifier has 50 characters exactly. If I put 4 ISINs where the last one GB000718875 is incorrect, since I removed the last character “7”. Otherwise I exceed the 50 character limit:

{
"SearchRequest": {
"InstrumentTypeGroups": [
"CollatetizedMortgageObligations", "Commodities", "Equities", "Funds",
"FuturesAndOptions", "GovCorp", "Money", "MortgageBackedSecurities",
"Municipals"
],
"Identifier": "FI4000297767,SE0000242455,DK0010274414,GB000718875",
"IdentifierType": "Isin",
"PreferredIdentifierType": "Ric"
}
}

If I add the missing character “7” then I have 51 characters in total but then I get error:

"error":{
"message":"Validation Error:\r\n\r\nIdentifier can not exceed 50 characters"
}

So how to pass a list of identifiers including more than 50 characters e.g. “5” ISINs? Please advise.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssrest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@lukasz.ossowski

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@lukasz.ossowski,

it is not possible to pass a list that contains more than 50 characters, that limit must be respected.

If the instrument list is longer, then it needs to be split, and multiple requests submitted.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18 2 9 11

Thank you Christiaan.

So it is not possible to request data for more than 4 ISINs in a single API call? If I have e.g. 500 ISINs, what is the best way to obtain data for them with the use of API? Splitting them into 125 separate requests does not sound too good :)

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@lukasz.ossowski,

The search request was initially meant for only 1 instrument. Consider it a bonus that you can query several (within the 50 character limit), using comma separated instrument identifiers :-)

Other DSS API calls work in a different way, and allow you to query many more instruments (within limits of course, but those limits are much higher, see the extraction limits help page). The DSS best practices and limits document might also be of help in this context.

To come back to your follow-up request, if you have 500 ISINs and need to run this search request on all of them, then yes, you will have to split your list and run 125 requests.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18 2 9 11

Thank you very much Christiaan for your thorough reply.

All the best,

Lukasz

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.