Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 1

Problem with get_news_story function

Hello,

I am trying to retrieve news data with Eikon API using Python. The function get_news_headlines works fine but if I try to get news texts using get_news_story I get the following:

In most of cases: "http://filings.retrieval.service.ib.thomsonone.com/Filings.Viewer/Down..." without text!

Other cases: "storyContent * {border-color:inherit !important;outline-colo..." with the news text correctly.

I tried to put in some sleeptime (time.sleep()). Without success.

Could you help me?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @82LL35910622

I just tested this code:

get headline

headlines=ek.get_news_headlines('R:YPFD.BA IN SPANISH', date_from='2019-03-06T09:00:00', date_to='2019-04-06T18:00:00') headlines

And then get a story

df = newsText = ek.get_news_story('urn:newsml:reuters.com:20190404:nGLF70jBtR:2')

Here is the result:

<div class="storyContent" lang="es"><p><a href="reuters://screen/verb=Open/url=cpurl%3A%2F%2Fviews.cp.%2Ffilings%2FFilings.Viewer%2FDownload.aspx%3FContentFormat%3Dpdf%26DocumentId%3D50168946" data-type="cpurl" data-cpurl="cpurl://views.cp./filings/Filings.Viewer/Download.aspx?ContentFormat=pdf&DocumentId=50168946" translate="no">http://filings.retrieval.service.ib.thomsonone.com/Filings.Viewer/Down...</a></p></div>

This is an attachment that you have to open on Eikon Desktop.

data-type="cpurl" data-cpurl="cpurl://views.cp./filings/Filings.Viewer/Download.aspx?ContentFormat=pdf&DocumentId=50168946"

So this news story id does not have any story text but it provides you a CPURL to be open on Eikon Desktop.

(Sorry I misunderstood your previous question)

ahs1.png (77.3 KiB)
ahs2.png (210.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 2 1

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit

I have just found the same answer because I was working on the ypf output! I thought in writing to you an anwers with this information. Excellent! thank you. So, do you know how to download this type of files using python without using the eikon platform?

icon clock
10 |1500

Sorry but cpurl is only supported in Eikon Desktop.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.