Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 1

News query that searching keywords from contents

I am trying to get news headlines that includes any keyword (i.e. "Biden") via Python API, but what I got is only those include the keyword on their headlines.

I wish I could also get the news data that keywords are included only in their news content, but I have no idea to filter it.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apinewsquery-string
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @yuri_k

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@yuri_k

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @yuri_k

To see some examples and learn more about the news filters.

1. Launch News Monitor on Eikon Desktop

2. Press F1

3. Go to this section:

4. Once you have the Search Syntax keywords that match your requirement on the News Monitor app, then you can apply the same Search Syntax keywords to Eikon Data APPI(Python)

If you still need help with the news filter, please contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com/

ahs.png (90.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.