Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Downloading fields/instruments available with the python SDK

Where can I find the list of instruments and fields that I can specify in the instruments/fields parameter on `ek.get_data` function available in the Python SDK?

I'm trying to download financial statements of public companies.

According to the tutorial, it seems to be necessary to explicitly specify the fields and and the name of the corporations to download the data. However, I haven't been able to find a document that tells where I get to find the fields/corporations(or instruments) that I are available on Eikon.

For corporations, I'm trying to download companies that are listed on exchanges of foreign country whose language that I don't understand in addition to ones that are on NASDAQ, thus, I can't manually go through websites of each exchanges.

Thanks in advance.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@c191103x

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @c191103x

Please read this document which explains how to find fields using Excel lookup or Data Item Browser.

Alternatively, you can contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk to ask content-related questions at https://my.refinitiv.com/

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @c191103x

For the companies that are listed on exchanges of foreign countries.

I think you can use the SCREENER app to find out what are these companies.

Then you can do the same using Eikon Data API(Python)

Please see this article, https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/find-your-right-companies-screener-eikon-data-apispython

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.