For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

php return 401 Unauthorized response, but postman success

Hi,

I have a class created in php, which generates a string that I send to the world-check one api to create a case, but when I consult, I get this error:

GuzzleHttp \ Exception \ ClientException (401)

Client error: `POST https: // rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com / v2 / cases / screeningRequest` resulted in a` 401 Unauthorized` response

When I show the string that I generate, I copy and paste it to postman with the same url I use from the class, it works, but from a project in Laravel, I don't

world-checkworld-check-oneerror-401postmanphp
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
2.4k 6 5 6

@luis.macedo

Hi,

401 errors occur because the request has failed an authorization check. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as

• An invalid or expired API key,
  • An invalid HMAC signature.
  • Request timing issue/problem with the Date header value. The API client must ensure a correctly synchronized clock is used to generate request timestamps.
  • Incorrect JSON payload formation at your end that can cause a 401 response.

To further investigate this and isolate the cause, can you please share the complete request and response headers of the failed API call?

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hello @Mehran.Ahmed Khan,

What time is needed? GMT or UTC, check on postman Refinitiv documentation and see this params:

screenshot-1.png (148.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

@luis.macedo

Hi,

As you see the pre-request script postman automatically has the time synced with the GMT time.

I was referring to the request time header from your php code to be in sync with the GMT time.

Let me know if you would like to get on a quick meeting and take a look at this.

Regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.