question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 2

I would like documentation on the RMTES fromat for contribution partial page updates

I am using an internal openmama based MD api which has a UPA based bridge to TREP to send contributions to Refinitiv. I can use it to send page whole line updates, but I cannot get partial line updates to work. I can see a hex representation of a partial page update when I subscribe showing the control characters and column position in the line to put the update. Using the same format to contribute does not work. Note I am interested in the underlying format of the row field value I need to send, not documentation on the way to do it in RFA etc. as I am not using any Refinitiv APIs.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepcontributions
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Michael Moore

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@Michael Moore

The partial page update format has been explained in the legacy Marketfeed document. There are two formats.

1. Intra-Field Position Sequence

It is used to update the data at a specific position

<CSI>n<HPA> 

2. Character Repetition

It is used to save bandwidth by replacing strings of the same repeated character with a special short sequence:

<char><CSI>n<REP>

For more information, please refer to this How to retrieve page-based data using Tick History REST API article.

1582862267015.png (56.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the answer, that was the information I was looking for.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Michael Moore

Please refer to section 2. Partial field update in How to parse page-based data using Elektron SDK Java article. The section explains the format of partial field update.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.