question

Upvotes
Accepted
83 2 8 6

RFA8_NET120_x64.dll upgrade frequency

Hi, it may be a silly question but one of our on-boarding client is asking how frequent

RFA8_NET120_x64.dll is upgraded to expect their workload in future.

I don't think we have such detailed road map in DLLs, but may I know its history of major upgrades?

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @naoto.tatemichi

As RFA is now considered a Feature Complete API, we do not plan to release any major upgrades in the future.

You can expect a new minor version upgrades to be issued as

• occasional maintenance releases to address any bugs reported
  • to offer support for newer compiler / os version as deemed necessary

To get an idea of release versions over the past few years, please refer to the download page and check the dates for the 'LATEST VERSIONS' and 'OLDER VERSIONS'

One thing they should do is use downloaded data dictionary files, rather than local dictionary files - to future proof their app against any dictionary changes - which are issued a few times a year. The data dictionaries are downloaded by requesting them programmatically from the server - and this technique is demonstrated in the RFA.NET Consumer example and described in this RFA C++ Tutorial

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Umer Nalla
Thanks for the suggestion. I explained and convinced them.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.