Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
40 2 2 2

How can I get the EURIBOR 6M forward curve through the python API? Interest rate swap valuation.

My objective is to price an existing interest rate swap on the fly using python.

In order evaluate the IRS floating leg I need from the python API the:

1 - Euribor 6M Forward curve (Derived from the Euribor 6M zero curve one can find in the reuters eikon swap pricer) to forecast the swap future cash flows.

2 - The OIS EONIA zero curve to discount the cashflows.

I already have in my database the swap structure (cash flows and dates). I just need to upload the rates and then interpolate the values in python. However, I need the above mention curves.

Can please someone help me on this?

Best

FJ

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiswapsforwardseuribor
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Alex Putkov., @chavalit.jintamalit, @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai

Could you help the client regarding this question?

Hello @f.janeiro

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

You can browse zero curves available from Refinitiv real-time datafeed by typing in <ZEROCURVES> into a Quote app in Eikon. From this page you can navigate to swap based and OIS-derived zero curves. To retrieve the curve use get_data method of Eikon Data APIs, e.g. to retrieve the 6-month Euribor swaps zero curve use

ek.get_data('0#EURABSEZ=R',['GV4_TEXT','MATUR_DATE','PRIMACT_1','SEC_ACT_1'])
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.