question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 0

How can i retrieve historical stock data for arbitrary company?

Hi, I'm writing a thesis on empirical asset pricing (CAPM and Fama French 3 factor model) and I need some historical data for 50-60 firms, however I have no experience at all with Eikon.

For a arbitrary firm, say Apple, how would I retrieve the following historical data past 20 years (monthly frequency if possible):

Returns
Market Capitalizations
Book-to-market-ratios ( perhaps I'd have to retrieve the price-to-book ratios and then invert the values?)

I do have the excel add-in.

Best regards

Nikolaj

eikoneikon-com-apihistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Nikolaj59

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @Nikolaj59 - This is a developer site for questions related to APIs. Are you planning to use just excel - if so you can get support on how to use the excel add-in. From the helios menu go to contact us and then you can contact support who will assist you.

Essentially you can build queries visually by selecting fields using the request builder - see a screenshot below:

So from here you build your query then insert the data into a spreadsheet. I hope this can help.

1583510601968.png (355.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.