question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 3

EMA - How to store updatemessage/refresh message in client side

Hi,

Client is receiving EMA data - update/refresh. How best they can store these data? Are there any tables / template available so that client can reuse them?

Thanks

Raghava

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Raghava.B S,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @Raghava.B S

The ESDK 1.3.1 (EMA Java/C++ version 3.3.1) now supports the clone feature that lets you clone and copy EMA messages to decode the payload outside of message callbacks.

Example functions are following:

• EmaFactory.createRefreshMsg(RefreshMsg other)
  • EmaFactory.createUpdateMsg(UpdateMsg other)

Please see more detail in EMA C++ Reference Manual and EMA Java Reference Manual in Development Guides document.

I also suggest you check the following posts which give you additional detail regarding cloning the message.

However, if the client wants to keep only data, the client needs to extract the payload and transfer into data store like database,file as my colleague have mention above.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, Wasin, so EmaFactory.createRefreshMsg and EmaFactory.createUpdateMsg are only for Java ? I could not find such names in EMA C++ SDK. So is there equivalent functions in C++ SDK ? Many thanks

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Raghava.B S

EMA retrieves real-time data and passes data to the client application as is. It does not provide any tables/template to store data. The clients need to implement this by themselves. The suitable way depends on the client requirements e.g. keep in database or file.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @wangfugen

For EMA C++, the equivalent functions are available in each Refresh/Update/Status ... Message classes under thomsonreuters::ema::access Namespace. Please check EMA C++ Reference Manual Guide document under EMA C++ Development Guide page.

2.png (35.3 KiB)
3.png (35.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

I see, many thanks.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.