Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 3 2 1

How to get the complete list of RIC via Eikon Python API ?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @kamal.Jayapalan

So the question is whether it is possible to map from REPNO that you have into a RIC code.

I cannot answer this question, I recommend opening a case to Refinitiv Content Helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com

If the helpdesk can provide you the mapping result using the TR() function on Eikon Excel, then it is possible to do the same using Eikon Data API(Python).

But please do note that API has limitations on the number of returning datapoints.

For more information, please refer to https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/eikon-data-api/docs?content=49692&type=documentation_item

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @kamal.Jayapalan

From my finding in Eikon Data APIs for Python - Reference Guide , I have not found any function returns the complete list of RIC directly. Eikon Python API can get current data, historical data, news, convert instrument code from one type to another type.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @kamal.Jayapalan

I would say it is not possible to get a complete list of RIC for the whole universe in Eikon.

That would be an enormous list.

It would be better if you explain what you are trying to achieve in more detail.

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit, I have list of 100K company from Standard Financial XML report and trying to find out the RIC details for list of company. Background here is trying to extract the Standard Financial in USD currency via Eikon API. From Standard Financial XML report, I able to get 75% of RIC details but still 25% is missing. Is anyway we can get the RIC details based on the REPNO from XML report.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.