Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 1 3 2

Is there a way to specify RIC patterns and non-empty RIC's when fetching News via EIKON API?

Useful examples would be

1) searching for RIC's listed on Nasdaq/NYSE containing .O, .N, .K, .OQ etc.

2) finding news tagged to atleast one company if RIC column is not empty

Is it possible to specify this in the Python API for EIKON?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apinewsnews-filter
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @vijay.shah

Please refer to Reference for Ekon Data API get_news for the complete set of parameters available.

• I believe you can not search for RICs listed on NASDAQ using this approach.
  • You may do this a s two step,
    • Retrieve the list of exchange instruments as a first step, please refer to this discussion thread for possible ideas,
    • And then using RIC list you will be able to filter incoming news.
    • I would use count to limit the number of hits
  • Alternatively, you may collect some of the new you are interested in with a lesser precision approach of free-text wildcard search
ek.get_news_headlines("Microsoft*", count=10)

I don't believe this is available via Eikon Data API. Machine Readable News (MRN) may be a possible approach. Via realtime Elektron feed, Machine Readable News (MRN), stories are tagged via Topic codes, something like:

"R:BPOST.BR",

is what you would expect to see.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.