Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
51 2 2 1

API Request: Error code 1422 | Can not process metadata for request: DataGrid_StandardAsync.requests.instruments - non-empty is required

I reran the following code I had successfully run before, but the error appeared this time.

Code:

Complete_Data, err = ek.get_data(List_RIC_Arr,

['TR.RetireDate','TR.ClosePrice.date','TR.ClosePrice','TR.CompanyMarketCap',

'TR.Volume','TR.TtlCmnSharesOut','TR.NumberOfAnalysts','TR.EPSNumberofEstimates',

'TR.EPSNumIncEstimates'],

{'Scale': 6, 'SDate': '2016-01-01', 'EDate': '2016-01-31', 'FRQ': 'D', 'Curn': 'AUD'})

List_RIC_Arr is a list of all RIC for ASX-listed companies.

I am wondering what is going on, and how should I handle this?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-1422
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @yiyezhou

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@yiyezhou

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
51 2 2 1

Yeah. I think I figured out what is going on. EQSRCH updated the screening output, which includes three empty cells in between, and this cause the data pull issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @yiyezhou

Please restart your pc and Eikon Desktop application.

Then try again.

I can successfully retrieve the data (I repeated it for 10 times)

ahs.png (74.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

I did restarted everything today, but the problem still exists. My list is all of the ever listed ASX- listed companies, so there are 2612 companies in the list. I am wondering is it because Eikon updated the screen in EQSRCH function, which somehow cause the data pulling issue. I pulled the list by using the code List, err = ek.get_data("lists('ASX-Listed Company List')",["TR.RIC","TR.RetireDate"]).

Hi @yiyezhou

I do not have the same list as you.

Anyway, please try to reduce the number of RIC lists in a single API call.

Please refer to https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/eikon-data-api/docs?content=49692&type=documentation_item

The return datapoint should not exceed 10000 datapoints.

small_list = List_RIC_Arr[0:200]

Please split the list into a smaller list and try again.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @yiyezhou

Could you please also share the error message/exception that you encountered?

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes. Below is the major piece of the error message:

~\AppData\Local\Continuum\miniconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\data_grid.py in get_data(instruments, fields, parameters, field_name, raw_output, debug)
    187         payload = {'requests': [payload]}
    188 --> 189     result = eikon.json_requests.send_json_request(_endpoint, payload, debug=debug)
    190     191     if result.get('responses'):

~\AppData\Local\Continuum\miniconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py in send_json_request(entity, payload, debug)
    125                         ticket = _check_ticket_async(result)
    126 --> 127                 _check_server_error(result)
    128                 return result
    129             else:

~\AppData\Local\Continuum\miniconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py in _check_server_error(server_response)
    201             status, reason_phrase, version, content, headers = error_message.split(',')[:5]
    202         logger.error(error_message)
--> 203         raise EikonError(int(server_response['ErrorCode']), error_message)
    204     205     # check DataGrid response (server response is JSON and it can contain error + transactionId keys)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.