Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Martime Shipping Data

Hello,

I am trying to pull data from the PORTS app. Would like to be able to pull all ships that arrived at port for a given date/date range. I just go this data platform recently, so am new to everything. Can anyone point me in the right direction of how I could do this with the API? The manual export limits me to 1500 rows, so automating this pull would be nice.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapiport-number
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @joe.najamy

Please see Zhenya Kovalyov's answer at https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/37291/python-api-calling-historical-vessel-data-list-of.html

You cannot search vessel direct from Eikon Data API(Python)

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

It seems as though the method provided wouldn't work for me either. Their is no specific vessel I want to look at. I want to see any vessel that comes in and out of a port/specific area. I cannot also iterate through lists of ships because that would cause me to reach the API limit. Is there a way to just get the locations of all ships for a given interval of time? I probably could record which ships came in and out of a certain location using longitude and latitude.

Hi @joe.najamy

PORTS is a native application on Eikon Desktop.

Eikon Data API(Python) does not have the capability to access data from other apps.

To use the API, you must have identifiers, fields.

So it is not possible to search the vessel base on your question on the API.

Could there be another way to get this information? Is there another API method that is not python that can handle this?

In the PORTS app you are able to specify the port and see what vessels arrived on what dates. Would really like to pull that information with some script. It is especially so when the UI is limited to 1500 rows. It is a real bummer to try and break things manually into separate searches and export.

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.