Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 0 2 5

retrieve FX Polls from Eikon

Hi I am trying to retrieve historical FX polls from Eikon. I am able to do it in Excel using

RHistory("AUD1YP=","FCAST_MED.Timestamp;FCAST_MED.Value","START:01-Mar-2000 END:01-Mar-2020 INTERVAL:1MO",,"TSREPEAT:NO CH:Fd",B2)

But I am having trouble in Python. I am using:

get_data("AUD1YP=", ['FCAST_MED.Value'],{'SDate':'2012-01-01', 'EDate':'2019-12-31', 'FRQ': 'M'})

I also tried get_timeseries but didnt seem to work.

Any idea how to make it work?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiforex
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @ninja

Sorry, I misread the interval in your question.

RHistory("AUD1YP=","FCAST_MED.Timestamp;FCAST_MED.Value","START:01-Mar-2000 END:01-Mar-2020 INTERVAL:1MO",,"TSREPEAT:NO CH:Fd",B2)

You should be able to use this interval with Eikon Data API(Python).

ahs.png (16.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @ninja

You can get the data back to 90 days using interval = taq

You can also try interval = weekly

If you need the same data as RHistory, It is not possible to retrieve the same data using Eikon Data API(Python)

You have to use Eikon Data API(.NET).

Please see sample code here, https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/net-apis-use-custom-applications/learning?content=8724&type=learning_material_item

ahs.png (97.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 0 2 5

Thanks @chavalit.jintamalit,

I did try the .NET but I couldnt get it to work using those parameters

WithView("BID")

.WithAllFields()

.WithInterval(CommonInterval.Monthly)

Can you send me an example?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.