Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 3 1 4

Error converting value XXX to type 'System.Int32

Hello,

It seems eikon is 32 bit, but some large values are larger than the 32bit wideness.
I've read around that there's no plan to release the API in 64bit, but some workaround may be possible.

In my case, I'm trying to retrieve data through get_data in python 3.7.7 (64 bit):

ek.get_data(
                ['.HSI'],
                {'TR.SurfVolMONEYNESS': { 'params':{ 'TENOR': '1M;24M', 'range': '50;150' }}},
                raw_output=True
            )

Looking at the software, it seems the large value that cannot be converted is not even part of the results table, in the software it's there:

Is there any workaround known to you to avoid this error?

Thanks,

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
1584624690494.png (6.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@guillaume.chatel

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you have already known an answer, please share your answer, and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @guillaume.chatel,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @guillaume.chatel

In your sample code, please try raw_output=False

And I compare the result from API with result from Eikon Excel, both results are the same (504 rows)

ahs.png (73.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.1k 250 52 74

@guillaume.chatel

From my checking, the large integer returned from Python Eikon Data API can be displayed properly.

If the error message is "Error converting value XXX to type 'System.Int32", please let me know the API that you are using to retrieve the data.

1584674457855.png (12.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7 3 1 4

Thanks for the answer, when I execute your commands in python 3.7.7 (64b) I have the Int32 conversion error.

I'm using python api eikon 1.1.2 with thomson reuteurs eikon Desktop 4.0.50
I noticed however that my installation of Eikon is the 32b one, is there a 64b version I can download somewhere to try if it solves the issue ?

Thanks,

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @guillaume.chatel

Do you still encounter the issue? Regarding the Eikon Desktop download, I suggest you contact the Eikon support team to help you via https://my.refinitiv.com/ web site.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.