For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 1

ERT SDK - java

One of clients wants to know how to set up(initial set up) and what is 'hostname'.

Guide which I saw,

tsetup adh -f /opt/thomsonreuters/SOFTWARE/makeup20190531/samples/trep33_cnf_sample

tconfig rmds_adh_rrcp

tconfig service_edge -s ERT_CLOUD

tconfig route_cloud

tconfig route_cloud -a -n trep01 -r route_aws

tconfig rssl_route -a -i route_aws -n trep01

tconfig server_edge -a -s ERT_CLOUD -i route_aws -n trep01

tconfig adh_rrcp -n trep01

tcommit

or answer which I checked here,

1. tsetup adh
  2. tconfig rmds_adh_rrcp
  3. tconfig adh_rrcp -n <hostname>
  4. tconfig service_edge -s IDN_RDF
  5. tconfig rssl_route -n <hostname> -i route_cloud1
  6. tconfig route_cloud -n <hostname> -r route_cloud1
  7. tconfig server_edge -s IDN_RDF -i route_cloud1 -n <hostname>
  8. tcommit

Which is right? and what should I input to <hostname>?

Thanks.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Jaemin.Ko

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Jaemin.Ko

The client can use the consumer example number 450 to discover what are the available endpoints.

It is strongly suggested that the client should read this tutorial, https://developers.refinitiv.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-java/quick-start?content=66483&type=quick_start

ahs.png (269.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Jaemin.Ko

For Elektron SDK connecting to ERT in Cloud, please refer the client to this tutorial.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-java/quick-start?content=66483&type=quick_start

Please also note that this posted is moved to Elektron forum (you posted it on Eikon Data API forum)

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @Jaemin.Ko

Regarding how to set ADH to connect to ERT in the Cloud, please refer to "Connectivity to ERT Cloud" section of ADH installation guide document (available in <ADH installation package>\doc folder). You can also check this post which follow through the ADS installation guide steps.

The <hostname> value should be that Machine's hostname.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 0 1 1

Hi.

If client has no EED and TREP,

Is it enough to do Quick Guide? Without any configuration work?

gradlew runconsumer450 -PcommandLineArgs="-username <ERT username/machine ID> -password <ERT password> -clientId <AppKey> -keyfile <KeyStore file> -keypasswd <KeyStore password>"

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 0 1 1

Hi.

Sorry to ask.

There are key pieces of data within the above code segment that may need to be modified in order for you to successfully execute the example. Your market data administrator can provide connection details about the server hostname and RSSL port, presently set to localhost:14002. In addition, you would likely need to set the Service Name, presently set to DIRECT_FEED and a DACS Username required to entitle you to request for market data.

For this, can I get server hostname and service name instead of client?

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Jaemin.Ko

If you refer the customer to the above QuickStart guide this should answer most of the above questions.

The runconsumer450 should run without any further config as it does service discovery and selects an endpoint from the list return - provided they have their MachineID + password and have created their Keystore file as stated in the Quickstart guide. The only exception is if they have to use a Proxy server in their organisation - in which case they should refer to the README.txt file in the example450__MarketPrice__QueryServiceDiscovery folder for further details.

The runconsumer450 uses the service name ELEKTRON_DD which is a valid servicename on ERT in Cloud.

If the client is asking about replacing localhost:14002, DIRECT_FEED and a DACS Username - then they are looking at the wrong tutorial - none of this is mentioned in the ERT in Cloud Quickstart.

Once they have got the 450 example working and want to look at a simpler example then they could look at example113__MarketPrice__SessionManagement - which is supplied as part of the Elektron SDK in the following folder: Java\Ema\Examples\src\main\java\com\thomsonreuters\ema\examples\training\consumer\series100\

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.