question

Upvotes
Accepted
95 7 12 25

SFC contribution using large ALPHANUMERIC fields

Hi,

a client of ours is using and SFC C++ 462L1 based application for contribution.

They have added a new field in the data dictionary, defined as follows:

CALC_CURVE "CURVE STRING" -4001 NULL ALPHANUMERIC 40000 RMTES_STRING 40000

Although the SFC application seems to receive the field-entry correctly form the provider, any contribution request performed on such field causes a crash. A post-mortem analysis on the generated dump shows a segmentation fault into the SFC C++ library (an excerpt can be found below).

Do you have any hint for this?

May the root cause be the presence of a limitation on the length of an ALPHANUMERIC field using the legacy SSL protocol?

Thanks a lot

Best Regards,

Paolo

?? () from /lib/libc.so.6

?? () from /lib/libc.so.6

std::basic_stringstream<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t> >::str () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6

std::basic_stringbuf<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t> >::basic_stringbuf () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6

Cwrite_errlog () from libssl48.so

ssl_interr () from libssl48.so

ssl_GetMsgBuffer () from libssl48.so

send_it () from libssl48.so

sslPostEvent () from libssl48.so

RTRSSLInterface::postInsert () from libsfc.so

RTRSSLDispatcher::insert () from libsfc.so

RTRSSLInsertService::write () from libsfc.so

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepcontributionssfc
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

HI @Paolo Parlapiano

Is this the same question as the one tagged onto the end of this post?

As mentioned in my reply, I am not a Marketfeed expert but I found an old document which stated a 255 character limit on MarketFeed fields.

They should be using OMM / RWF when working with large fields.

I recommend you / they raise an RDC ticket to confirm with the development team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
95 7 12 25

Hi @Humer Nalla,

thanks for the quick reply.

The two questions are indeed about the same topic, thanks again for the provided details.

Best Regards,

Paolo

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.