Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 2 2 2

Get Symbology Pull from historical SEDOL, Python

Hi, i'm trying to get a RIC code by using the get_symbology function in python.

The sedol I'm using to get the RIC is BD4R4G1.

This company has been acquired.

Is there a way to get the historical RIC of the company when the sedol was valid?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

@chavalit.jintamalit @Alex Putkov.

Could you please help the client regarding this Eikon Data API question?

Hello @dbishnoi

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

You can try getting ISIN code first.

ahs.png (11.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
36 2 2 2

thank you for the answer, i will give this a try.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
36 2 2 2

Hi, so this doesn't seem to work for BMFFXX7, how would i be able to pass this sedol along to Eikon and get the RIC, ISIN, and other security level info ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.