question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Hello, We are looking for single threaded example of synchronous processing, publishing a single message to a specific monitor/page using EMA Java SDK. Do we have any example of such?

Hello,

We are looking for single threaded example of synchronous processing, publishing a single message to a specific monitor/page using EMA Java SDK. Do we have any example of such?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Dhiraj Matlani

Please refer to example341__MarketPrice__OffStreamPost which shows how to post data to an instrument generally.

You can also refer to EMA Java Tutorials page where you will find a tutorial specifically regarding posting data to TRCC - the Contributions Channel.

The example and tutorial post data to price / time fields etc. However, you can use the same technique to post String values to one or more rows on your Page e.g ROW80_1, ROW80_2 and so on.

You will be provided credentials etc by your Refintiv Account team.

However, the Keystore file which I think you are referring to needs to be created by yourself - as described in the above TRCC tutorial as well as on the EMA QuickStart Page

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @Dhiraj Matlani, There are many examples included in the EMA SDK package, which are arranged in series from simple to complex. For a simple publisher example, you can start with iprovider\series100\example100__MarketPrice__Streaming, it is a single threaded simple publisher.

What page do you want to update? Most pages use MarketPrice format to represent page data, when each page row is a unique FID.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks Gurpreet for sharing the example. Our requirement is to publish a plain text to a specific Reuters page. May I request to share an example which publishes a plain text in a single threaded/synchronous way.

May I ask below questions as well:

1. Some of the examples are connecting using server name, port, username(combination 1) while some are connecting using username, password, obfuscated password, tunneling key store filename, tunneling key store password(combination 2). May I know which is the recommended way to connect.

2. What domain type, tunnel name and service name we should be using to publish a plain text.

3. What represents a Reuters page? Is it a combination of Monitor number and page number or may I know the data structure which represents a Reuters page.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need more information.

Regards,

Dhiraj

Hello @Dhiraj Matlani

For question no. 1, the Consumer examples that require username, password, tunnel key store, etc are the examples for connecting to the OMM Interactive-Provider/TREP server via the tunneling Internet connections like

• HTTP connection: ChannelType::RSSL_HTTP
  • HTTPS connection: ChannelType::RSSL_ENCRYPTED

Ok, we will need more detailed information about what you are trying to accomplish. Is it an internal page - on your local market data system whose data is to be consumed by your internal applications?

Or, is the published data to be fanned out to wider audience outside your organization - i.e. contributed to us, for distribution.

A page has a certain meaning in market data world, Do you intend to publish to an ANSI page or just publish a regular message with Name/Value pairs like you see when subscribing to an equity instrument like IBM.N?

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Dhiraj Matlani

Are you trying to Publish data for internal consumption within your organisation or Contribute data to Refinitiv to share with external consumers?

To help put your question in context, can you please explain what you mean by Monitor number / page number - do you have any examples?

Certainly for Refinitiv pages we had the legacy Ansipage formats and the currently used Text based pages e.g. the 'FXFX' RIC which represents the data as rows of text:

e.g. the fields ROW64_1, ROW64_2 fields represent the data in text field format - where there can be multiple data values present in a single row of text.

However, most realtime data on Refinitiv Elektron feed is represented in Logicised RIC format where each value is contained in an individual field e.g. 'EUR=' below:

If you are planning to Contribute data externally I recommend you contact your Refinitiv Account team who can put you in touch with the Contributions team who in turn should be able to advise on formats, RIC names etc.

1585653754614.png (45.3 KiB)
1585653987695.png (35.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

The purpose of the page is to deliver the information to wider audience, outside of the organisation. It's a contribution to Reuters for distribution.

It's a regular page, for e.g. RBA36 and as far as I know it has 23 rows and 80 columns.

Do we have any example which publish information to the regular pages like RBA36? We are looking for a simplified solution, a synchronous call on a single thread.

Also I looked at the documentation for the key file and it seems that it has the certificate information. I think it will be given to us by the respective account manager(along with the other login credentials) to initiate the connection to secure tunnel. Is my understanding right?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.