For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

recupd against sink_driven_src

I try to set up the data playback solution to help us troubleshooting our interface solution that we tested against a test feed with some live data in the past..

Before connecting to our application I always test connectivity with the recupd.exe command line tool first.

Now I am stuck getting a connection because I do not know a valid combination of command line parameters of the tools.

On the playback side I call

sink_driven_src.exe -S DIRECT_FEED -bdf emeaData.dat -U 1 -N 14002 -K -ik -t 361

and then I try to connect to it on the same machine with

recupd.exe -symbol DTEGn.DE -servicename DIRECT_FEED -host localhost -port 14002

The resulting message on the playback cmd screen reads:

Initialized RSSL library.

Total number of messages processed: 312799

Loaded pkts: 0 items: 32 images: 97 image_length: 0 unsol images: 0 updates: 312702 update_length: 0 memory (MB): 66.095

Windows process priority class: NORMAL

Adjusted ticks_per_second from 100 to 107

setup_updates: cfg_cfg_ticks_per_second=107 cfg_ticks_per_second=107 usec_per_tick=9345 updates_per_tick=0 extra_updates=1 max_updates_to_pack=10

Server fd=488: New client fd=268 newSession

Session 268 In Progress

In readFromSession() calling rsslInitChannel() Session Inactive fd=268 <<..\..\..\Ripc\Impl\ripcsrvr.c:3335> Error: 1007 Unknown connection type.

Server fd=488: New client fd=508 newSession

Session 508 In Progress

In readFromSession() calling rsslInitChannel() Session Inactive fd=508 <<..\..\..\Ripc\Impl\ripcsrvr.c:3335> Error: 1007 Unknown connection type.

Server fd=488: New client fd=512 newSession

Session 512 In Progress

Session 512 In Progress

In readFromSession() calling rsslInitChannel() Session Inactive fd=512 <<..\..\..\Ripc\Impl\ripcsrvr.c:2119> Error: 1002 Could not read IPC Mount Request. System errno: (0)

thanks for a hint how to tweak the parameters to fit

OLIVER HEIN

SimCorp

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdksink-driven-source
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @oliver.hein

What exactly is recupd.exe - is it an RFA OMM or ElektronSDK application?

The only recupd.exe that I am personally aware of is an old SFC based example application. SFC only support legacy MarketFeed data with SSL (default port 8101) connections - it does not support RSSL / OMM type connections - they are two different transport protocols.

Whilst sink_driven_src supports both protocols,it defaults to rssl type connections which you are attempting to use above.

Also, is the recorded data a MarketFeed (SSL) capture or an OMM (RSSL ) capture? Not an expert on sink_driven_src - but I am not aware if it can convert MF data to OMM / vice versa.

The command line parameters for ssl playback are also different.

You can find the documentation for the tools as part of the TREP Infrastructure Tools download under the TOOLS section of the link.

If you want to record and playback OMM captured data then you may find this article useful too.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 0 1

Thank you.

Yes our interface is SFC based, and I understand that Refinitive now discontinued the testing capability.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.