Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 5

Using Reuters Pricing Formula in Python

Hi everyone

I am using the python function ek.get_data to source data from eikon and I am interesting in the field TR.DV01Analytics or TR.DurationAnalytics. If I use the following formula, I only get the latest value and no time series.

ek.get_data('US500769CG75','TR.DurationAnalytics',parameters={'SDate':'2018-10-02', 'EDate':'2018-10-07'})

Does anyone know how to incorporate different valuation and settlement dates, such that I get a time series of DV01 / Duration?

Thanks

Jurij

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @jurij.reichenecker

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @jurij.reichenecker

You can use Data item browser in Eikon or Refinitive workspace to check TR.DurationAnalytics field's parameters e.g. 'ValuationDate' and 'SettlementDate' as shown below:

The example source code:

import pandas as pd 
import eikon as ek 
#set app key to identify the application on Eikon, Eikon Proxy or Refinitiv Platform 
ek.set_app_key(<the app key>) 
df = ek.get_data('US500769CG75','TR.DurationAnalytics', parameters={'ValuationDate':'2018-10-02','SettlementDate':'2018-10-07'}) 
df

The example output:

dib.png (35.8 KiB)
output.png (2.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.