question

Upvotes
Accepted
588 14 20 19

Dictionary Version Info

We are publishing OMM messages with a custom dictionary based on FIX. While we don't expect to change our dictionary often it may happen and we just ran into a situation where the ADS caching the dictionary can cause a problem.

In the enums dictionary I see version info like this:

! 09/01/2013 !

!tag Filename FDMENUMTYPE.001

!tag Desc FIX enumerated tables

!tag RT_Version 1.0.0

!tag Build_RDMD 1.0.0

!tag DT_Version 1.0

!tag Date 12-Jul-2014

And in Fields I see this:

!tag Filename FDMFixFieldDictionary

!tag Desc FIX field set

!tag Type 1

!tag Version 1.0.0

!tag Build 1.0.0

!tag Date 12-Jul-2014

Where can i get information on what tag(s) the ADS uses for versioning and what the rules are as far as significant digits etc. ?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdktrep
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
488 16 20 28

The list of available tags and their meaning is in the Dictionary chapter RDM Usage Guide that is provided with the UPA releases and on this site here. This should give you information about what is available and processed by the API dictionary handlers/loaders.

Regarding the values that TREP may inspect while caching, ADS parses for Name, Type, Id, Version, and DT_Version. Regarding versioning, as long everything is dot-separated digits, ADS will accept anything up to 78 characters long. For ADH and ADS dictionary reloading, you cannot change the major version. I need the specifics on what problem the ADS is causing.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.