question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 15 22 25

Legacy Protocol Converter not able to give response for login

LPC logs.txtHi,

I successfully installed the LPC from the installation guide here: https://developers.refinitiv.com/thomson-reuters-enterprise-platform/robust-foundation-api-rfa/docs?content=81146&type=documentation_item.

I am using the GUI tool given under the rfa.jar to connect to this LPC for testing before I use it in my product. I am successfully sending the login request from GUI to the LPC but after that nothing happens. I am using my refinitiv Id and password. I have attached some logs that I get on LPC after I open the GUI tool.

Can you please help me in figuring out what the issue is?

treprfarfa-api
lpc-logs.txt (1.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @bansalshah,

Could you please test with rmdstestclient, as suggested in the guide, with user that you have configured, and let us know how it goes for you?

Most of the time, if you pass invalid options into rmdstestclient it will let you know. The same parameters that work with rmdstestclient can consequently be used with RFA client or any client.

Hi .@zoya.farberov, I did try testing with the rmdstestclient and it worked completely fine for me with the same credential. But for RFA GUI tool it just get stuck at login and no response from LPC and it gives me logging client out message because of ping timeout.

"Logging out client ipcSession.1 on socket 13 from source 10.10.105.38. Removing secure channel socketId (no session). Reason from client: Disconnecting secure channel secureChannel.1. Disconnecting user socket 13 from host 10.10.105.38. Reason: Dropping 16secureChannel.1 from host amer-3.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com due to ping timeout."

I am not sure what settings are to be tweaked to achieve the same success in GUI.

Hi @bansalshah,

Therefore, we can conclude that LPC is installed and configured correctly, is able to establish connectivity, user is valid and you know the correct parameters to pass. You see streaming updates via rmdstestclient, right?

The issue appears to be specific to running GUI tool from. What version or RFA? Is it OMMViewer example? Please give specifics on what/how you are running so I can try to do the same.

<AHS>

I am investigating this issue via the case 08555612

Hello @bansalshah

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hi @bansalshah,

Believe we have identified the cause.

Please try OMM Viewer GUI example, from the latest version of JRFA, 8.1.3.L1.

With the latest JRFA, the example runs as expected, loads services and allows to select ELEKTRON_DD service.

With JRFA 8.0 I am able to reproduce the issue that you see.

Let us know how this works for you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
26 15 22 25

Hi .@zoya.farberov,

Yes you are correct LPC is installed and configured correctly on a linux box. Running rmdstestclient on the same linux box is also showing me streaming updates.

Now talking about GUI tool which I am running on a Windows box, and connecting to this LPC server, I am using package rfaj8.0.0.L2.all.rrg which is part of

Program Name : Robust Foundation API - Java Edition

Program Version : 8.0.0.L2

I am using the session of tester::consSession and my configuration I am using is attached here. I created this config using the config_editor from Tools under the same package as above. (not able to upload an xml file, so please change txt to xml before importing it in config_editor tool). MyConfig_LPC.txt

I am also uploading the GUI console that I see when I press OK on the Omm Viewer Config screen. I am also uploading image of Omm Viewer Screen.

Please let me know if you need anything else.Gui console.txt

gui-console.txt (3.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @bansalshah,

Let me just confirm:

• You are running example OMM.GUI.Viewer
  • Setting same user as rmdstestclient
  • Login is successful ( i.e. host and port are correct)
  • Service is ELEKTRON_DD
  • RIC is same as on rmdstestclient

?

Hi .@zoya.farberov,

First two points are correct. For 3rd point I do not know if Login is successful because if you see the logs in the first question I do not get any response after last message. It just says "Sending Login message."

Even though it says "Successfully connected secure socket 16 secureChannel.1 to host amer-3.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com". Nothing.
Also you can see from the previously attached GUI Viewer's console messages. Something is wrong in the Login.

I am using the ELEKTRON_DD service. And as I have not received a positive login response OK status, nothing on the Omm Viewer works and if I open a stream it says Service is not available (Attached the image for this).

2020-04-03 14_16_45-RFA Java OMM Viewer.png

Hi @bansalshah,

Thanks for the info, we are looking into this, please give us a bit of time.

We will keep you posted via this question.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.