question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Missing data from RFA API

We are using RFA API to download. RFA: Version = 8.1.0.L1.all.rrg

We are passing below record as RIC CODE as input parameter

3#MSRBBONDS|0#MSRBTX| |0#MSRBTXALPHA

And expecting below as output. But below record is not coming from your end. Can you please check.

3#MSRBBONDS|0#MSRBTX| |0#MSRBTXALPHA| |257#MSRBTXALPHAH| |4140187F2=MSRB

We are getting below as output from our end. But in this output “4140187F2=MSRB” ric code is missing. This is valid RIC. Attached is the screenshot for the same from Eikon tool.

3#MSRBBONDS|0#MSRBTX| |0#MSRBTXALPHA| |257#MSRBTXALPHAH| |4140185D9=MSRB

3#MSRBBONDS|0#MSRBTX| |0#MSRBTXALPHA| |257#MSRBTXALPHAH| |4140186E6=MSRB

3#MSRBBONDS|0#MSRBTX| |0#MSRBTXALPHA| |257#MSRBTXALPHAH| |4140186Q9=MSRB

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @mohit.singla

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @mohit.singla

I just tried 257#MSRBTXALPHAH in Eikon itself and this is what I get back:

I don't see 4140187F2=MSRB in Eikon nor in my RFA Test tool.

Chains are dynamic and can change in realtime. Maybe the RIC has moved to another sub-chain - not 257# - the position of RICs in chains can get re-ordered as RICS get added/deleted to/from the chain.

RFA will return whatever it receives from the server.

If you are still sure that the above RIC should be in the chain, please raise a Content type ticket with MyRefnitiv. Better NOT to mention API otherwise your issue may be forward to the API team who cannot help with (missing) content issues

1585912624468.png (53.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @mohit.singla

I am afraid I do not fully understand your question but I will try and make an educate guess...

3#MSRBBONDS|0#MSRBTX| |0#MSRBTXALPHA is not a single RIC

3#MSRBBONDS is a chain RIC, which you can request using RFA, process and from which you can extract 0#MSRBTX

0#MSRBTX is also a chain RIC, which you can again request, process and from which you can extract 0#MSRBTXALPHA

and so on - until you get to your underlying RIC 4140185D9=MSRB

I have just tried requesting all the above RICs using a RFA test tool and can see the data is present on the Elektron Feed.

I am not an Eikon expert - so am assuming you are using some sort of Chain expansion tool in Eikon? However, for RFA which is a programmatic API you will need to navigate and process the chain yourself to extract the RICs you require and request them - as you drill down the Chain structure.

The RFA does come with a Chain example - StarterConsumer_Chain - which should provide some guidance on how to consume chains using RFA.

Some other useful links:

https://customers.reuters.com/developer/connect/data/material/GuideToRecordChains.pdf

You may need to register on our main website to get the above file.

Also, the following is an article describing a Chain Expander for our newer Elektron Message API -which you may also find useful.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/simple-chain-objects-ema-part-1

Whilst the API is a different one, the concepts and techniques covered in the article should help.

To be honest, if you are writing a new application in Java or C++ then you should be using Elektron SDK - which is our strategic API - rather than RFA which is feature complete and in maintenance only mode.

If you are already requesting the RICs individually, I apologise for my incorrect assumption. Please provide the status message etc you receive when you request the underlying RIC such as 4140185D9=MSRB

1585910144830.png (57.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @mohit.singla

Also, if you are using .NET rather than Java / C++ - you may also find the following Article useful:

https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/building-chain-expander-application-using-elektron-websocket-api-and-net-core-c

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Thanks for the reply. My question is as we pass 3#MSRBBONDS|0#MSRBTX| |0#MSRBTXALPHA| as ric chain and got 4140187F2=MSRB as RIC_CODE. Same way we should get 4140187F2=MSRB as RIC_CODE.

#MSRBBONDS|0#MSRBTX| |0#MSRBTXALPHA| |257#MSRBTXALPHAH| |4140185D9=MSRB - This we got from your end

3#MSRBBONDS|0#MSRBTX| |0#MSRBTXALPHA| |257#MSRBTXALPHAH| |4140187F2=MSRB - this is missing. We were expecting this as well.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi,

I am not sure in which chain 4140187F2=MSRB ric is available. But I am able to see this RIC in eikon tool. Attached is the screenshot for same. Is it possible from your end to check in which ric chain this RIC CODE is available.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @mohit.singla

You are correct the 4140187F2=MSRB RIC itself is available in Eikon and I can consume it using RFA too. When I said above I cannot see it - I meant within the 257#MSRBTXALPHAH chain - as I mentioned, it could have moved to another chain.

However, I don't know which Chain or Chains will contain that RIC.

As this is a Content question and not an API question, you should raise a Content ticket as described above.

1585915306720.png (37.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.