Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 0

Missing data using GetTimeSeries() for specific RIC

Using the GetTimeSeries() method for EikonDataAPI in the below example would usually return 20 days of data for any other RIC. However for the RIC: "BKGH.L" the resulting data returns only 4 days of data.

Is there something wrong with this request?

Result:

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
1586209839414.png (11.7 KiB)
1586210763998.png (15.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @r.leech

I tested both .NET and Python and I can retrieve the data successfully.

I could not figure out what API you are using. Where did you download the API and sample code?

ahs1.png (170.8 KiB)
ahs2.png (58.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm accessing the Eikon Data API for .NET installed from NuGet: https://www.nuget.org/packages/EikonDataAPI/

However, I have just tried to replicate your request using python and can confirm I still do not get the full data set returned.

Using any other RIC returns the full data set. Do you have any further suggestions for how to investigate this? Could it be account related?

1586288389154.png (28.8 KiB)

Hi @r.leech

I submitted a ticket no. 08567699 on your behalf.

Helpdesk will contact you back, this need to be troubleshooting by the technical support team.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.