For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 2 9 11

How can I retrieve data for Open Access instruments with an Intraday pricing DSS REST API call?

I am looking for a way on how to extract Open Access data with the use of Rest Api. Now, when I run an Intraday Pricing OnD query, my instrument is not found:

However, I know it is a valid instrument and I can collect data for it via GUI.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
1586437663205.jpeg (5.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @lukasz.ossowski

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
65 1 2 1

Hi Lukasz,

You likely need to put a ValidationOptions condition to allow open access instruments. Those are instruments that exist on our RealTime side, but not DSS.

When I load these into DSS, I can see they are Open Access instruments:

ValidInstrumentCount  -  1 
OpenAccessSegments
{'Code': 'Y', 'Description': 'Money Market', 'Count': 1}

Try adding this:

"IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentIdentifiers": [],
            "ValidationOptions": {
                "AllowOpenAccessInstruments": true,

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18 2 9 11

This works :) Thanks Josh!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.