Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 1 0 4

Move to using RDP instead of Eikon API?

I've been using the Eikon API, but recently discovered the RDP (Refinitiv Data Platform). The RDP looks to be where much of the future focus will be for Refinitiv. Currently, through the RDP, can I access everything that I currently can through the Eikon API? Since RDP is the future, I suspect that the RDP will (or may currently have) more features than Eikon API, so should I start to transition over to RDP now?

Thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirdp-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @richard.jones2,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@richard.jones2
RDP is a single data platform that when fully developed and rolled out will be providing data to both enterprise and end user applications like Eikon. RDP is currently work in progress and it does not yet provide access to all the data you can retrieve using Eikon APIs. At this point it would be premature to start planning full transition to RDP. However you may be able to start using some RDP endpoints.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @richard.jones2

I suggest you check the Refinitiv Data Platform Libraries (RDP Libraries) which is a ease-of-use interfaces for accessing RDP, Eikon Data API and Deployed TREP platform via a single API.

With RDP Libraries, you can access both RDP data and Eikon Data API data with minimal code changes.

Please see more detail in the following resources:

rdp.png (105.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @richard.jones2

Refinitiv Data Platform APIs is one API of RDP. The APIs provide data via REST API and Websocket interface so any languages which support these interfaces can access data available on RDP.

You may try to access data via Refinitiv Data Platform APIs on API Playground which you can search/filter the data/functions

To access the API Playground, you need to log in with Eikon username and password. If you do not have the permission to access data, please contact Refinitiv Account team.

api-playground.png (61.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.