Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 2 2 1

Error with get_timeseries

Hi folks,

I will ask all questions I have at this moment here, hopefully it is the correct way to do it.

I saw Excel and the Api were not giving me the same High, Low... values, and even I got different number of rows in the files. Then I realized that in the "Build Formula" at Excel I am allowed to specify what kind of price I want to download: Mid price, Common, Ask, Bid, Trade price etc...

I have seen that the get_timeseries from the APi does not allow us to choose from that list of prices and automatically chooses the "trade price", Am I correct? In that case I suggest you to add to the help section of the get_timeseries function an explanation of what you are actually downloading.

I assume that what I get with get_timeseriers is the trade price with the parameter "adjusted" set to "no". Is this correct?

Now my biggest problem is that I prepare a list of rics, I put a time.sleep(1) in my algorithm to avoid the limits on the API but after looping through several RICs I get an error:

2020-04-22 17:17:01,131 P[26600] [MainThread 4164] Request timeout occured Traceback (most recent call last):   File "C:/direction.py", line 17, in <module>     result = ek.get_timeseries(j, start_date = fecha_inicio, end_date = fecha_fin, interval="minute",fields= ["HIGH", "LOW", "OPEN", "CLOSE", "VOLUME"] )   File "C:\Users\....\eikon\time_series.py", line 178, in get_timeseries     ts_result = eikon.json_requests.send_json_request(TimeSeries_UDF_endpoint, payload, debug=debug)   File "C:\Users\...eikon\json_requests.py", line 127, in send_json_request     _check_server_error(result)   File "C:\Users\....eikon\json_requests.py", line 203, in _check_server_error     raise EikonError(int(server_response['ErrorCode']), error_message) eikon.eikonError.EikonError: Error code 408 | Request timeout occured

And I got a different error telling me "no content for that RIC" or something like that.

My question is, Do you know how could I tell the loop to ignore the error and jump to the next RIC?

Maybe this has been answered in the past but I can't find it.

I add that the list of RICS was the stocks at the Tokyo Stock Exchange and the error appeared after looping through 98 of them.

Thanks for your time

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-message
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @arnoldpredator, You can attach your code snippet which replicates this issue, and then we can take a look at it. Since an exception is being throws, the simplest way would be to wrap the function in try-catch block and ignore the problem instrument.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.