question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 0 2 6

How to pass multiple item names in rfs

Dear Team

how to get market price multiple item names in single call.

For example i am passing SGD= and JPY= and i need to receive price for both at a time.

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@harik

Are you using windows 64bit?

As far as I understand on windows 64 bit you must change the registry path

from

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\

to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\WOW6432Node\\

You need to search and replace the path on the source files and registry files. Also, you need to run it with Admin right if you turn on Windows Event Logger.

I would suggest you modify the codes to use RFA config from a file instead by changing WIN32 to WIN32x from the following line in StarterConsuemr.cpp

#ifdef WIN32x
    RFA_String exampleRfaCfgRegPath("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Reuters\\RFA\\Default", 0, false);
    AppUtil::log(__LINE__, AppUtil::TRACE, "Reading RFA configuration registry: %s", exampleRfaCfgRegPath.c_str());
    result = _pStgCfgDataBase->load(windowsRegistry, exampleRfaCfgRegPath);

#ifdef WIN32x
    RFA_String exampleAppCfgRegPath("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Reuters\\RFA\\StarterConsumer_BatchView", 0, false);
    AppUtil::log(__LINE__, AppUtil::TRACE, "Reading Aplication configuration registry: %s", exampleAppCfgRegPath.c_str());
    result = _pAppStgCfgDataBase->load(windowsRegistry, exampleAppCfgRegPath);
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Untitled_Message.zip

Dear Team

I tried start consumer batch issue and i am getting login denied and connection got disconnected.

Attached is the cfg file and log file Kindly revert back

Hi @harik

Looking at your .cfg files the first thing I noted is that you have not set some key parameters

\service                    = "DIRECT_FEED"
\session                    = "Session1"
\userName                    = "user"

You need to specify a valid service name and dacs username.

Based on your various questions so far, I would recommend that you work through the tutorials so you can obtain a better understanding of how the API works - this should make your development progress much smoother.

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@harik

You have to send a batch request instead. See example StarterConsumer_BatchView from the RFA C++ package. The following post explained how it works.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/9385/rfa-batch-request.html

Further reading RFA C++ Developer Guide section from RFA C++ package.

section 7.8 Batch Messages and 15.1 Batch

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
36 0 2 6

I tried with multiple symbols (item names) i got error invalid registry path i ran the two reg file mentioned .What is the step i missed .

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.