question

Upvotes
Accepted
322 11 15 21

Getting a decoding error when calling the decodeToXml of a request message

I am using UPAJ to encode a request message that contains Key Attribute with the ELEMENT_LIST data type and Payload with the FILED_LIST data type. (Mix of data type)

Before I send this message to a provider, I want to print the message in XML format but when I call the Msg.decodeToXml method, I always get the error like this.

<REQUEST domainType="129" streamId="5" containerType="FIELD_LIST" flags="0x106
(HAS_PRIORITY|STREAMING|PRIVATE_STREAM)" priorityClass="1"priorityCount="1" dataSize="28"> 
<key flags="0x23 (HAS_SERVICE_ID|HAS_NAME|HAS_ATTRIB)" serviceId="4443"
name="TRI" attribContainerType="ELEMENT_LIST"> 
<attrib> 
<elementList flags="0x08 (HAS_STANDARD_DATA)">
 <elementEntry name="ApplicationId" dataType="ASCII_STRING" data="256"/>
 </elementList>
 </attrib>
 </key>
 <dataBody>
 <fieldList flags="0x08 (HAS_STANDARD_DATA)">
 Error occurred while decoding FieldEntry, CodecReturnCode=-26
</dataBody> 
</REQUEST> 

However, this message is sent successfully to a provider and the provider can decode it correctly.

What is the meaning of this error message?

elektronelektron-sdkrrteta-apierrorelektron-transport-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

Msg.decodeToXml() is used to decodes all containers within the message to XML.

From the error message, it indicates that it is unable to decode the FieldEntry inside the payload of the message.

I have verified the problem and found that it is a bug in Msg.decodeToXml() in UPA Java 8.0.0.L1 and below. The development team will fix this issue in the next UPA Java release.

In conclusion, if you found this error message, it could be a bug in Msg.decodeToXml(), not in the encoding logic. You can verify this by using DecodeIterator to decode the message. If DecodeIterator can properly decode all containers within the message, you can ignore this error and use the message.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.