question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

we change the os platform from windows to suse linux, sometimes we get result success, but sometimes failed

Our Reuters client code is rfaj7.5.1, and the JDK development and compilation version is JDK1.7, which was originally deployed on the Windows Server machine and executed normally. After migrating to the Linux suse machine, the JDK version is JDK8.0. The program has not changed or the old program is used. Obtaining Reuters data ratings and interest rate data is very unstable. Sometimes the data is obtained successfully, sometimes it is not.
(1) Is it related to the JDK version? Or are there any restrictions on Reuters?
(2) Can you capture the action we called, the reason for the failure, and whether there is a log record on the Reuters side.

(3) There is another problem: the configuration and intermediary Reuters intermediate service connection is to maintain the connection IP and port through a graphical interface of rrBAK. Is there a file configuration, because the graphical interface can be opened after the server is deployed to the production machine

now i changed rfaj7.5.1 to rfaj7.6, also replaced the libs of java project from rfaj7.5 to rfaj7.6, then i changed the jdk version from 8.0 to 1.7 in suse linux ,but the result was still random success. for example, I ran programe ten times , and the result was eight times success, but two times failure. if i didn't changed anything, still used jdk8.0 and rfaj7.5 client, the result was seven times success,but three times failure. please help us, thank you

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@15810040376

Please be informed that your question has been moved to the RFA forum.

Hi @15810040376,

Do you have a chance to enable and collect the RFA trace log? The log should help on further investigation.

Hello @15810040376,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@15810040376

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @15810040376

You can export RFA Java configuration in a machine to an xml file using config_exporter.jar in <rfa package>/Tools by typing the command line below:

java -jar config_exporter.jar -user -path com -file user_exported_config.xml

Then, you can modify the configuration in the xml file. For example, if you want to see the outgoing messages e.g. request messages sent to the server or the incoming messages e.g. data, status messages sent from the server. Set ipcTraceFlags = 15, mountTrace=true and specify logFileName parameter of the connection node like the example below:

<node name="pageSSLConn">         
    <map>                   
           <entry key="connectionType" value="SSL"/>                   
           <entry key="ipcTraceFlags" value="15"/>                   
           <entry key="logFileName" value="traceRFA_SSL%u.log"/>                             <entry key="mountTrace" value="true"/>        
    </map> 
</node>

To import RFA configuration to the machine uses config_loader.jar in <rfa package>/Tools by typing the command line below:

java -jar config_loader.jar -file user_exported_config.xml

Note: RFA Java 7.6 supports SUSE ES 11.0 32 and 64 bits. For the complete list, please refer to The API Compatibility Matrix

If you uses only OMM interface(RSSL connection; default port is 14002), I strongly recommend you upgrade to version 8.1.3.L1 which is the latest version of OMM interface.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @15810040376

In addition to what my colleague suggested, can you please expand on what you mean by 'two times failure'? What constitutes failure - does the app fail to execute, does it login successfully, do you get any status message or any other warnings / errors / console output etc?

This in addition to the content of any trace file as described by my colleague - may help us identify the problem. Please attach the trace files to your reply - for a failure scenario.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

thank you for reply from umer Nalla and Pimchaya.Wongrukun . failed means it login successful,but some code we get result message, like these:code: GBP=, data not exists,

but i tried 10 times in suse linux platform, 7 times i could get correct result, all code we got the correct data,but 3 times ,existed some code like 'GBP= ,data no exists'. but i tried 10 times in window server 2008 platfrom, i could get correct result everytime. except the os platform, we used the same code, but the result liunx is not correct everytime,but window is correct every time.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @15810040376

From my finding 'data no exists' error is not found in RFA Java. It is possible that the error is from the infrastructure side or the application itself. Please share RFA trace log file which can help to find out where the error comes from. You can enable RFA trace log file by setting ipcTraceFlags = 15, mountTrace=true and specify logFileName which I mentioned above.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @15810040376

Could you please share the RFA trace log that requested by @Pimchaya.Wongrukun ?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.