Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 3

Excel Add-in not working: Runtime error during loading of COM add-in

While Eikon is running, I am trying to pull data from it using the built-in functions that come with the Excel add-in. However, the add-in fails to load, and there is no "Thomson Reuters" tab on Excel (I am using Thomson Retuers Eikon Excel). The add-in is inactive:

And when I click on manage add-ins, the Thomson Reuters Eikon add-in gives the following error message:

How do I get this add-in to properly work in Excel? Any help is greatly appreciated!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
1588019139143.png (172.3 KiB)
1588019184713.png (39.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @nlieb7

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @nlieb7

Please contact Refinitiv Helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com/ and open a ticket with the helpdesk.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.