Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 1 0 0

Error using From method when trying to load time series from Eikon .Net SDK in Matlab

Hi,

I am trying to load time series from Eikon.Net with MATLAB. I followed the instructions in the article

https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/using-eikon-net-sdk-matlab

I am able to load the last intervals like in the example successfully. However, when I'm trying to replace

timeSeriesRequestSetup.WithNumberOfPoints(10) in the SendTimeSeriesRequest function with timeSeriesRequestSetup.From, I get the following error:

No method 'From' with matching signature found for class 'ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TimeSeries.Impl.DataRequestSetup'.

Could you please provide and example for a time series request with specified start and end dates?

Many thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitime-seriesmatlab
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@vivien.konrad

"From" and "To" methods of ITimeSeriesDataRequestSetup interface expect .NET System.DateTime type as argument.

You should be able to use

timeSeriesRequestSetup.To(System.DateTime.Now);

For more info on how to use .NET System.DateTime in Matlab see

https://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_external/access-a-simple-net-class.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @vivien.konrad

This is my sample code:

ahs.jpg (148.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you very much. Would you have MATLAB example as well please as it seems the input to the property is causing the issue?

My sample code which is generating the error:

1588149046707.png (15.7 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.