question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 3 4 3

EMA TRCC C++ - Error Text Initialization timed out.

Hi,

I'm trying to run this example (https://developers.refinitiv.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-cc/learning?content=26452&type=learning_material_item), but I've facing issues to run it.

Follows bellow LoggerMsg:

loggerMsg

TimeStamp: 09:24:20.875

ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient

Severity: Warning

Text: Received ChannelDownReconnecting event on channel Channel_1

Instance Name Consumer_1_1

RsslReactor 0x000002CC93470210

RsslChannel 0x000002CC93470210

Error Id -1

Internal sysError 0

Error Location D:\Jenkins\workspace\ESDKCore_RCDEV\OS\VS150-64\rcdev\source\esdk\Cpp-C\Eta\Impl\Reactor\rsslReactorWorker.c:1304

Error Text Initialization timed out.

loggerMsgEnd

I'm using to run that example:

- Windows 10

- Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.win

Could you please help me find out what I'm doing wrong?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apircc-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @Bruno.Pereira,

Are you using the TRCC sample code as is, without modifications?

Do you have TRCC credentials and a valid instrument and fields which you are allowed to contribute to?

Is your EMA Config file using the ChannelType::RSSL_ENCRYPTED and host pointing to the right TRCC server?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21 0 1 1

Greetings! Not sure if original poster had resolved issue, however I have the same error. When we were testing Elektron trial TCP connection this summer, we were not specifying any channel type, and loading no EmaConfig.xml file. It was enough just to create consumer like

new OmmConsumer(OmmConsumerConfig().host(mHost.c_str()).username(mUsername.c_str())

And then call ommConsumer->registerClient specifying service name and instrument (or set of instruments to subscribe).

It was working for trial, and it is not working for Cloud, if I provide machine ID as username, and host:port received from cloud endpoint discovery. What could be the key here? Is there any option to specify channel type without EmaConfig.xml ? I see something like this in the 421_MP_ProgrammaticCfg example, however it contains too much options, and I'm not sure what are required, what are not.

Could it be just issue with requested service name?

If I use EmaConfig.xml from Elektron SDK, and set "Consumer_4" (which, according to example 113_MP_SessionMgmt, selects RSSL_SOCKET), output is the same.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @vakrckaj, This issue was related to Contributions channel and not Elektron cloud. If you are have the same issue, please start another post and provide as much information and we can help you solve it.

Thank you, my issue has been already resolved. 450_MP_QueryServiceDiscovery example finally worked for me when I changed channelElementList.addEnum("EncryptedProtocolType", 0); to channelElementList.addEnum("EncryptedProtocolType", 1);

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.