For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 1 3

DSS Public Key Authentication not working

I have created the authorized_keys file in the /.ssh directory on the ftp server, appended my public key and set permissions for the file to 600. However, when I connect I’m still being asked for the DSS password. It looks like the server accepts the key, but for some reason authentication fails. I cannot access the logs on the server, so I can’t see why it’s failing. Do you have any idea what the reason for this could be?

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
debug1: Offering public key: RSA SHA256:<hash> C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_rsa
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa blen 407
debug2: input_userauth_pk_ok: fp SHA256:<hash>
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Trying private key: C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: Trying private key: C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_ecdsa
debug1: Offering public key: ED25519 SHA256:<hash> C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_ed25519
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive
debug2: userauth_kbdint
debug2: we sent a keyboard-interactive packet, wait for reply
debug2: input_userauth_info_req
debug2: input_userauth_info_req: num_prompts 1
debug1: read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: No such file or directory
DSS password:
dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssauthentication
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Lukas Jansen

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Lukas Jansen,

It seems that your question is neither about DSS REST API nor about DSS SOAP API, these two APIs represent DSS family of APIs on developers portal?

It looks like your question is about DSS FTP usage, is this the case?

In order for you to be supported in using via FTP, suggest to contact DSS support online, selecting

Get support-> I need help using porduct-> Reuters Datascope Select

or via you local Refinitiv helpdesk number,,

so that as a customer you are able to be connected with a Datascope FTP expert within Refinitiv who may be able to help you setup certs in your environment for FTP usage.

I hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
78.8k 250 52 74

@Lukas Jansen

You can also refer to the steps mentioned in this discussion.

There is also another question regarding DSS SFTP in this discussion.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.