question

Upvotes
Accepted
37 14 15 18

Point and Chain RICs

Hi Refinitiv Support,

I would like to be able to get individual Rics from chain RIC and also be able to get instrument description from a RIC.

The question is which API should I use?

Does the DataScope select API or other REST API supports this or is there a web UI I can use? Please advise.

Regards,

Jude

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformrest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @josa

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @josa

Please advise what Refintiv services/products you already have access to if any.

Also, when you say instrument description - is the content of the DSPLY_NAME field sufficient or do you require something more verbose perhaps?

The answers to the above will help guide your possible choices

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
37 14 15 18

Thanks @Umer_Nalla. I currently have access to EMA API. Yes, DISPLY_NAME would be enough and am sure I can get it via teh API.

Please advise.

Regards,

Jude

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @josa

Apologies but some of the forum emails were being marked as spam by my Outlook and I just saw your follow up question.

Yes, you can use EMA APIs to consume Chains and their constituents.

You may find this article helpful - https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/simple-chain-objects-ema-part-1

Whilst it is Java-based, the techniques described will work just as well with EMA C++

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks @Umer_Nalla. I will check and get back if I run into any issues.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.