question

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

Error trying to run the App Studio .NET SDK.SampleApplication (Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The System cannot find the file specified)

Hi

I downloaded the C# project .NET SDK SampleApplication from the Eikon Developer tab. If I try to attach it to an Eikon Host or Run the App, or Start the App using the debugger (using the Visual Studio Add-In) - I get the following error message 'Error running the application in Eikon.

Please contact Open Eikon support. Details: Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The System cannot find the file specified.'

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks in advance

eikonerroreikon-app-studioapp
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @jason.ramchandani, could you provide the link for downloading this sample?

I have contacted Alban Gicquel who may be able to answer this question.

I am getting the very same error - I have Floating Toolbar version 4.84.0.25.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
79.1k 250 52 74

@jason.ramchandani

I found the same issue with App Studio Project in Visual Studio 2013. I got the following error in %TEMP%\EikonDevAddInLogs\EikonDevAddIn.log.

2/17/2016 2:15:19 AM:GetStartupProject: item=AppStudioApp1\AppStudioApp1.csproj
2/17/2016 2:15:19 AM:Exception in RegisterWithEikonHost:[Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified.
 ]

The problem has been fixed in Floating Toolbar version 4.37.0.28. This is a special hotfix to be provided on as needed basis. Your Eikon account is in that group so you can use Floating Toolbar version 4.37.0.28.

Please update your Eikon and make sure that the version of Floating Toolbar is 4.37.0.28.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

If you would like to be added into this group. Please let me know.

Thank You!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.