For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 1 2 3

EMA post a page based data

I'm creating C++ application to post message to TRCC. When i tried to post a 80*25 page, the AckMsg sent

Nack Code: DeniedBySource

Text: No such field

Questions:

1. what does this "no such field" mean? .

2. to post page based data, what domainType should I use?

3. Does the RIC need to be specifically configured?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.2k 246 52 72

@ye.li

I assume that you would like to post data to the ROW80_xx fields.

ROW80_1    "IRGROW 1"             315  NULL        ALPHANUMERIC       80  RMTES_STRING    80
ROW80_2    "IRGROW 2"             316  NULL        ALPHANUMERIC       80  RMTES_STRING    80
ROW80_24   "IRGROW 24"            338  NULL        ALPHANUMERIC       80  RMTES_STRING    80
ROW80_25   "IRGROW 25"            339  NULL        ALPHANUMERIC       80  RMTES_STRING    80

These fields represent eighty character text fields corresponding to a row of data in a page-style record.

The "No such field" error indicates that the contributed fields are not available in the contributed RIC. For example, the TRCCTEST01 RIC doesn't have ROW80_1 (315) fields. If the post message contains this field, the application will get this error.

<POST domainType="MARKET_PRICE" streamId="1" containerType="MSG" flags="0x62 (HAS_POST_ID|POST_COMPLETE|ACK)" postId="0" postUserId="1" postUserAddr="172.17.204.33" dataSize="46">
            <dataBody>
                <UPDATE domainType="MARKET_PRICE" streamId="1" containerType="FIELD_LIST" flags="0x08 (HAS_MSG_KEY)" updateType="0" dataSize="20">
                    <key flags="0x06 (HAS_NAME|HAS_NAME_TYPE)" name="TRCCTEST01" nameType="1"/>
                    <dataBody>
                        <fieldList flags="0x08 (HAS_STANDARD_DATA)">
                            <fieldEntry fieldId="22" data="0C16"/>
                            <fieldEntry fieldId="25" data="0C19"/>
                            <fieldEntry fieldId="315" data="7465 7374"/>
                        </fieldList>
                    </dataBody>
                </UPDATE>
            </dataBody>
        </POST>
<ACK domainType="MARKET_PRICE" streamId="1" containerType="NO_DATA" flags="0x22 (HAS_TEXT|HAS_NAK_CODE)" ackId="0" nakCode="DENIED_BY_SRC" text="No such field" dataSize="0">
            <dataBody>
            </dataBody>
        </ACK>

To post the ROW80_xx fields, the domain type in the post message is MARKET_PRICE.

To get rid of this error, the contributed RIC must contain the ROW80_xx fields. You can try to subscribe to that RIC to verify available fields. For example, fields in the page record should look like:

1588915383726.png (86.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks. I raised a request for another test RIC with the row fields added. That should fix this.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.