Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 2

Check if a RIC market is open or close (.net api)

is there a way, using .net API to check if for a given RIC the market is open or close or, bether, to receive callback on status changes?

let say something similar to the one descrieb in the following link but appling to .net api?

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/14108/which-field-in-market-data-rfa-v8-api-can-provide.html

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @alessandro.bardine,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @alessandro.bardine

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@alessandro.bardine

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@alessandro.bardine

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @alessandro.bardine

Assuming that you are using "Usage Example Realtime Data API" downloaded from https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/net-apis-use-custom-applications/downloads

Here is the enum value for INST_PHASE field:

INST_PHASE  8927
    MK_PHASE   12765
    !
    ! VALUE      DISPLAY   MEANING
    ! -----      -------   -------
          0        "   "   Undefined
          1        "C  "   Closed
          2        "O  "   Opening Auction
          3        "T  "   Continuous Trading
          4        "V  "   Unscheduled Intraday Auction - I.e., Volatility Auction
          5        "I  "   Intra-day Auction (scheduled)
          6        "E  "   Closing Auction
          7        "NAS"   No Active Session
          8        "LC "   Live Compilation (Indices, Stats & Rankings)
          9        "BRK"   Scheduled Intraday Break
         10        "RO "   Reporting only
         11        "FP "   Fixed Price Trading (All trades matched at a single fixed price determined by the exchange, i.e., closing auction, VWAP, last trade price)
         12        "AP "   Administration Phase
         13        "PET"   Pre-Market Trading
         14        "POT"   Post-Market Trading
         15        "IC "   Intra-day Close (scheduled)
         16        "QP "   Quotation Only Period

Sample code:

ahs1.jpg (194.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 2 2

Very thank you for your kind reply.

Following you suggestion I am able to run the example but i am still missing something: infact when i change the RIC name from "BHP.AX" (the one proposed in the example) to "EUR=" or to ".GDAXI" I don't receive any reply. I specify that I have subscribed to these data streams (in fact I receive data using TimeSeries data for these RIcs) but not I haven't yet the real time subcription. Furthermore if i try "FDXM0" i get results that seem valid to me, so can you suggest me a way to understand what are the valid ric names for this api call?

thank you,

Alessandro Bardine

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @alessandro.bardine

Different venues, different asset types (EUR= is FX while BHP.AX is equity, and .GDAXI I think it is an index) may have different data fields.

I would suggest that you contact the Refinitiv Content Helpdesk to see if there is any data field to indicate market status for FX or index instruments.

The helpdesk can be reached at https://my.refinitiv.com/

ahs.jpg (424.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 2 2

Very thank you again, one final question where can i get the list that you show in the picture (items that doesn't have fid8927)?

thank you again

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @alessandro.bardine

You can open the Quota app in Eikon Desktop.

Then click on this "display all fields" icon.

ahs.jpg (312.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.