question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 4 2

Can i have multiple batches or a batch contain multiple ItemList of arrays and multiple ViewData array

I am requesting batch of RIC array(ItemList) and FID array(ViewData) in java but now i also have some specific RIC for which i need to ask only specific fids which i cannot sent in one batch what approach i need to folllow? Can i have multiple batches or a batch contain multiple ItemList of arrays and multiple ViewData array?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apijavabatch
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @MayassK

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@MayassK

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @MayassK

I understand that you would like to request some RICs with difference fields e.g. RIC JPY=, TRI.N, 0005.HK with FID 22 and 25 and RIC EUR=, PTT.BK with FID 5 and 11. Is this right?

To request RICs with difference fields, you need to have multiple batch. Each batch contains the RICs with you would like the same fields . The example source code below shows to request RIC JPY=, TRI.N, 0005.HK with FID 22 and 25 and RIC EUR=, PTT.BK with FID 5 and 11.

OmmArray arrayv1 = EmaFactory.createOmmArray();
arrayv1.fixedWidth(2);
arrayv1.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().intValue(22));
arrayv1.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().intValue(25));

OmmArray arrayb1 = EmaFactory.createOmmArray();
arrayb1.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().ascii("JPY="));
arrayb1.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().ascii("TRI.N"));
arrayb1.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().ascii("0005.HK"));

ElementList batchView1 = EmaFactory.createElementList();
batchView1.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().array(EmaRdm.ENAME_BATCH_ITEM_LIST, arrayb1));
batchView1.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().uintValue(EmaRdm.ENAME_VIEW_TYPE, 1));
batchView1.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().array(EmaRdm.ENAME_VIEW_DATA, arrayv1));

consumer.registerClient(EmaFactory.createReqMsg().serviceName("ELEKTRON").payload(batchView1), appClient);

OmmArray arrayv2 = EmaFactory.createOmmArray();
arrayv2.fixedWidth(2);
arrayv2.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().intValue(5));
arrayv2.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().intValue(11)); 

OmmArray arrayb2 = EmaFactory.createOmmArray();
arrayb2.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().ascii("EUR="));
arrayb2.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().ascii("PTT.BK"));

ElementList batchView2 = EmaFactory.createElementList();
batchView2.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().array(EmaRdm.ENAME_BATCH_ITEM_LIST, arrayb2));
batchView2.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().uintValue(EmaRdm.ENAME_VIEW_TYPE, 1));
batchView2.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().array(EmaRdm.ENAME_VIEW_DATA, arrayv2));

consumer.registerClient(EmaFactory.createReqMsg().serviceName("ELEKTRON").payload(batchView2), appClient);
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you Pimchaya.Wongrukun for your help.

In your example code, your created two batch views but at runtime i am not sure about the number. It could be two or more.

Can you give me an example where I can create N number of batch views?

Thankyou!

Upvote
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @MayassK

To create N number of batch views, one possible solution is to declare a method which creates a batch views request and send the request to the server. Hence, you can call the method N times at runtime whenever you would like to send a request.

For example, I declare a method named sendBatchViewRequest(..) under Consumer class

void sendBatchViewRequest(Vector<String> RICs, Vector<Integer> fids, OmmConsumer consumer, AppClient appClient, String service) {
        OmmArray arrayv = EmaFactory.createOmmArray();
        arrayv.fixedWidth(2);
        Iterator<Integer> fidIter = fids.iterator(); 
        while (fidIter.hasNext()) 
           arrayv.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().intValue(fidIter.next()));

OmmArray arrayb = EmaFactory.createOmmArray();
        Iterator<String> RICIter = RICs.iterator(); 
        while (RICIter.hasNext()) 
           arrayb.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().ascii(RICIter.next()));

ElementList batchView = EmaFactory.createElementList();
        batchView.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().array(EmaRdm.ENAME_BATCH_ITEM_LIST, arrayb));
        batchView.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().uintValue(EmaRdm.ENAME_VIEW_TYPE, 1));
        batchView.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().array(EmaRdm.ENAME_VIEW_DATA, arrayv));

consumer.registerClient(EmaFactory.createReqMsg().serviceName(service).payload(batchView), appClient);
}

Call the method to send a batch view request:

Consumer myConsumer = new Consumer();
Vector<String> RICsVector  = new Vector<String>();
RICsVector.add("EUR=");
RICsVector.add("PTT.BK");
Vector<Integer> fidsVector  = new Vector<Integer>();
fidsVector.add(5);
fidsVector.add(11);
myConsumer.sendBatchViewRequest(RICsVector,fidsVector,consumer,appClient,"ELEKTRTON");

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.