question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 2 3

How to get security's ISIN code from PermID?

The PermID search API seems do not contain ISIN in its quote response. Though the Eikon API supports to get ISIN from RIC, we don't have the Eikon account. Is it possible to get the ISIN from PermID APIs?

permid-apiintelligent-tagging-apiopen-permid-apiisin
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.6k 248 52 74

@wangbin

Currently, it is not possible to get the ISIN from Open PermID API because it doesn't support ISIN. You can get RIC and ticker from the Open PermID API, and then you need to use other APIs to convert RIC or ticker to ISIN.

Otherwise, you can send feedback to the Open PermID team via permid.feedback@refinitiv.com.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I want to accept this answer. but I cannot find the accept button on the web page.

Hello @wizardwangbin

, accepting via Accept link right on top on your behalf,

Thank you

Upvotes
4.1k 4 7 12

Hi @wangbin,

It doesn't support ISIN. You may use other APIs, such as TRTH or DSS to convert ISIN or SEDOL to RIC and then use OpenPermID API to find the PermID.source

Here is DSS sample.

If you don't have Eikon account you can use Speed Guide Tool available here (or this web for company search results).

icon clock
10 |1500

Your answer is how to ISIN --> PermID. However, I need PermID --> ISIN for securities.
Upvotes
20 1 2 2

where is the accept button? could you show me?

1590482962797.png (92.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.