question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 3

Enumerator object for values requested for fields: PRIMACT_TP ( 270 ) / SC_ACT_TP1 ( 280 )

Hello,

I'm using C++ API to subscribe for bond ticking data via refinitv platfrom.

Is there an object I can use to check on PRIMACT_TP ( 270 ) / SC_ACT_TP1 ( 280 ) without hardcoding values on my end ?

I'm looking for enumerator holding following values:

! ACRONYM FID

! ------- ---

!

ACT_TP_1 270

ACT_TP_2 271

ACT_TP_3 272

ACT_TP_4 273

ACT_TP_5 274

!

! VALUE DISPLAY MEANING

! ----- ------- -------

0 " " undefined or unknown

1 " " trade price, no tick

2 #20DE# trade price, up tick or zero up tick

3 #20FE# trade price, down tick or zero down tick

4 " S" settlement price

5 "OB" first half of open range, bid price

6 "OA" first half of open range, ask price

7 "OT" first half of open range, trade price

8 "OH" first half of open range, high price

9 "OL" first half of open range, low price

10 "CB" first half of closing range, bid price

e.t.c

treprfarfa-apic++
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @Evgeny.Litver,

Are you able to access RFA C++ Downloads section?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 0 1 3

Thanks, I requested access.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Evgeny.Litver

Does this existing post answer your question?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 0 1 3

Hello @Umer Nalla,

The attached post explains how to implement the map from field id to all possible values on client side. I was expecting to enum/object from existing header file which will hold all possible values for specific fields according to the spec where it make sense of cause like in case of fields 270 / 280

BR

Evgeny

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Evgeny.Litver

The Data dictionary files - RDMFieldDictionary and enumtype.def - are updated several times a year - as and when values change, are added or deleted - independently of any API that uses them.

As such these values are considered data related and not API related.

Therefore, it is recommended that you should download the dictionary from the server you are connected to. The server you connect will be updated with the latest data dictionary files as and when they are changed.

One quick confirmation - you posted the question in the RFA forum - but I then you mention Refinitiv Data Platform - which is not supported by RFA?

Please confirm which API you are using - if you are using EMA C++ then you can use the following to get the Enum display value

case DataType::EnumEnum:
   fe.hasEnumDisplay() ? cout << fe.getEnumDisplay() << endl : cout << fe.getEnum() << endl;

Note that if are doing new development using C++, I would strongly urge you to use ElektronSDK - preferably Elektron Message API rather than RFA if possible.

RFA is our feature-complete API and ElektronSDK is our strategic API with longer-term support etc.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 0 1 3

Hello,

This module using reuters_rfa

I'm not looking for display data, but for enum of possible results.

I will implement releavnt enum on our end.

Can you please point me to documentation for reuters_rfa API.

BR

Evgeny

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @Evgeny.Litver,

I fully agree with @Umer Nalla that downloading data dictionaries field and enum, from the infrastructure should be preferred to getting any dictionary, including enumerated values, from the local files.

A dictionary may and will eventually undergo enhancements, and by downloading them from the infra, the consumer is always up to date, in-synch with infra on parsing.

However, in case this will help,, in your RFA SDK, file-based dictionaries that were current at the point of time when SDK was issued, are kept in \etc\RDM folder and enumerated dictionary is called enumtype.def.

I am additionally attaching a zipped version that came with RFA JAVA 8.0, search for 270. is this what you are looking for?

Are we helpful on the explanation about using infra vs flle-based dictionaries?

enumtype.zip

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 0 1 3

Hello,

The difference between infra vs file-based is clear.

Can you point me to RFA sdk.

BR

Evgeny

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.