question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 2

DSWS API through Matlab question.

My client has a Matlab with DSWS API question. "When I used this before the recent change (I think last year) I was able to extract variable names/descriptions as well as codes. How to I get the variables names now?" In DFO you would simply check the boxes for headings, row and column titles, how can you have these added through the DSWS API in conjunction with MAtlab?

datastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Moved to Datastream forum

Hi @paul.bacon, @James.Bright1,

Could you please look into this question?

Thank,

AHS

Hi @paul.bacon, @James.Bright1

Could you please look into this question?

Thanks,

AHS

Contacted DSWS Escalation Support to verify it.

Hello @ani.horoz

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Show more comments

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.1k 250 52 74

@ani.horoz

I assume that Matlab is using the DSWS API from the Python DatastreamDSWS. From my checking, the current version doesn't support the datatype name. I found another third party python library (PyDatastream) that supports the datatype name, as mentioned in this thread.

However, I will contact the DSWS team to add this feature in the DatastreamDSWS.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.