question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 2 3 2

ESDK v er1.5.x for ERT In Cloud - Cpp/C build compilation error - Linker Errors

Working on compiling the latest ESDK - Cpp/C example for Ema, to connect to ERT in cloud.

Generated VS project files by running cmake, and now trying to generate a build from within VS2017

Copied the relevant static library files from:

C:\data\ertCloud\sdk\win\Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.win\setup\Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.win.rrg\Cpp-C\Ema\Libs\WIN_64_VS150\Release_MD\*.*

To:

C:\data\ertCloud\sdk\win\Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.win\setup\Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.win.rrg\Cpp-C\Ema\Libs\WIN_64_VS150

Project environment settings includes the latest path above. Getting link errors in VS 2017, for eample:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State

Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __cdecl thomsonreuters::ema::access::EmaString::EmaString(char const *,unsigned int)" (__imp_??0EmaString@access@ema@thomsonreuters@@QEAA@PEBDI@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl thomsonreuters::ema::rdm::`dynamic initializer for 'ENAME_ACCEPTING_CONS_STATUS''(void)" (??__EENAME_ACCEPTING_CONS_STATUS@rdm@ema@thomsonreuters@@YAXXZ) Cons113 C:\data\ertCloud\sdk\win\Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.win\setup\Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.win.rrg\Cpp-C\Ema\Examples\Training\Consumer\100_Series\113__MarketPrice__SessionManagement\Consumer.obj 1

etc...

Any guidance on how to resolve this error will be much appreciated.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

For further clarity, I am using the Quick Start guide : https://developers.refinitiv.com/platform-services-work-progress/ema-0/quick-start

Seems to me that I might be using the wrong version or type of library

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
23 2 3 2

The issue is resolved....correct version of the SDK and quick start guide was used to fix the issue

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.