Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
27 3 2 2

How do I filter private companies by the number of employees?

I am trying to get a list of organizations (OrgPermID) for private companies that have more than a given number of employees. Someone gave me the following formula for Excel, but I need it using the Eikon API. The formula I was given is below. Can someone please tell me how to get this using the Eikon API? Thanks. =TF(TFScreen(TFFILTERSET(Companies,Active,1,IssuerStatus=Private),curn=USD,TF.PC.PCNumOfEmployees()>4000))

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @maria.vieira

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @maria.vieira

Please review this article, https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/find-your-right-companies-screener-eikon-data-apispython

You can use SCREENER to build a sample screening syntax and use it with Eikon Data API.

Please note that in my example, I changed the number of employees to >10000.

Because >4000 condition return 13xxx records which exceed API limitation.

ahs.png (64.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
16 0 0 0

I have tried the same method that you have explained above for lowes employees at my company, myloweslife where i am currently working, it worked like a charm, thank you very much for the clarity again that it can do the job, that image helps all newbies like me in some cases.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @kesavareddy102

Thanks for your feedback and I am glad the article provided the information you were looking for.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.