Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 0

MIssing References VBA

Good morning,

One of my spreadsheets appears to be randomly missing the following References and now no longer works:

I am unable to add them back through the Object Browser as the file-path (highlighted) on my C-Drive does not exist. I didn't delete this previously and so I have no idea how to add these references back so that my sheet will now work?

Thank you.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapieikon-com-apithomson-reuters
1590652704637.png (53.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ryanmacklin,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @ryanmacklin,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @ryanmacklin

Not an Eikon expert - but the other DLLs should be somewhere in a subfolder of the Eikon folder.

If you click on the other two missing files, it should show the name of the dlls
e.g. Adxoo.dll and Adxfo.dll - please confirm these are the same by clicking the MISSING entries.

On my PC I can see the above two files in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Thomson Reuters\Eikon\Z\Bin

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you Umer that appears to be my problem resolved!

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @ryanmacklin

I have Eikon Desktop installed on my machine and I can find dex2.dll in these locations:

ahs.png (22.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you Chavalit for your reply.

I can see the Dex2 in the Program Files (x86) drive but cannot see the Adfinx Analytics references within this? Can you advise of their location please? To solve the issue is it a matter of referencing this new file-path in VBA?

Thanks again,

Ryan

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @ryanmacklin

It is possible that the file location has changed as a result of an Eikon upgrade.

On my PC I can find the Dex2.dll in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Thomson Reuters\Eikon\Z\Bin\Apps\TR.OFFICE.CORE\0.0.0.0\Bin

This may differ on your PC.

Link to developer guide

If you are unable to locate the required DLL, it may be worth speaking to your local Desktop Support team - as they may have a custom installation of Eikon.

Alternatively, contact the Eikon helpdesk via the Eikon application and they may be able to assist you in confirming the install location etc.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you Umer for your reply.

I can see the Dex2 in the Program Files (x86) drive but cannot see the Adfinx Analytics references within this? Can you advise of their location please? To solve the issue is it a matter of referencing this new file-path in VBA?

I spoke to the Helpdesk and they kept referring me back to the Developer Community.

Thanks again,

Ryan

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.