question

Upvotes
Accepted
46 5 10 15

Error message when trying to subscribe streaming data via deployed TREP session.

Using the example 2.1.2. (Pricing.CreateStreamingPrices) connecting via "DEPLOYED" session to a local TREP I get the following error:

{
"ID": 2,
"Type": "Status",
"Key": {
"Name": "EUR="
},
"State": {
"Stream": "Closed",
"Data": "Suspect",
"Code": "AlreadyOpen",
"Text": "Request Rejected: Request key did not contain service Id."
}
}

The log file does not show any errors.

What does it mean?

Is there something I can do to fix it?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform.netrefinitiv-data-platform-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @martin.grunwald

When consuming data from TREP, if your request is rejected with a message similar to 'Request key did not contain service Id' then you will need to explicitly specify the service you want to source the data from:

"ID":2,   "Key":{     "Name":"VOD.L"   },   "Service":"ELEKTRON_DD" 

Here, I have explicitly specified ELEKTRON_DD as the service from which to request the item.

This would be because your TREP team has not specified a Default Websocket request service in their TREP config.

Feel free to read my short tutorials on using Websocket API which covers the above point as well as other pertinent information.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I am using the .net wrapper.

I tried your suggestion and other service names I could think of e.g.:

.WithService("ELEKTRON_DD")

The result is always, which looks like a JSON parsing issue:

2020-05-28 10:41:55.7352|Error|Refinitiv.DataPlatform.Delivery.Stream.StreamConnection|9|Error response: {
"ID": 2,
"Type": "Error",
"Text": "JSON Unexpected Value. Received 'ELEKTRON_DD' for key 'Service'",
"Debug": {
"File": "/local/jenkins/workspace/TREP34XCore_Release/OS/RH6-64/ssl/Common/Converter/jsonToRwfSimple.C",
"Line": 7154,
"Offset": 31,
"Message": "{\r\n \"Key\": {\r\n \"Service\": \"ELEKTRON_DD\",\r\n \"Name\": \"EUR=\"\r\n },\r\n \"Domain\": \"MarketPrice\",\r\n \"View\": [\r\n \"DSPLY_NAME\",\r\n \"BID\",\r\n \"ASK\"\r\n ],\r\n \"ID\": 2\r\n}"
}
}

Hi @martin.grunwald

Please ask your internal Market Data team for the right service name - they often use legacy service names such as IDN_RDF or others e.g. conflated or delayed service names etc.

The "internal Market Data team" says "IDN" is the service name I should use, but I get the same "JSON Unexpected Value" error.

Show more comments
Upvote
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @martin.grunwald

The default WebSocket request service id can be set via the following TREP configuration

*ads*defaultJsonServiceId

This TREP configuration defines the default service for the WebSocket client applications. The service can be overridden in the JSON request message.

If defaultJsonServiceId is empty, there is no default service id. The WebSocket applications must always specify a service in the item requests.

Please contact your TREP team as suggested by my colleague.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.