question

Upvotes
Accepted
40 2 1 6

TRCC Error: "Unable to update fixed area of page or non-contributable field"

I'm submitting a PostMsg with a payload of multiple RICs to the TRCC. All of the RICs succeed but one, which is getting back this AckMsg:

AckMsg
streamId="5"
domain="MarketPrice Domain"
ackId="1"
nackCode="DeniedBySource"
text="Unable to update fixed area of page or non-contributable field"
AckMsgEnd

What does this mean? is there something I could be doing to cause it?

The failing RIC contains FIDs 11, 953, and 875. There is another RIC included in the same PostMsg that contains the same FIDs and it works. I've tried reversing the order of the RICs in the payload and swapping the values of the FIDs between the two RICs and the error stays with the same RIC.

Any ideas?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apircc-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
40 2 1 6

The word is that this problem RIC, "had not had the Timestamp indication turned off." I don't know what that means but apparently it was an admin issue.

Thanks again Gurpreet and Umer.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22k 59 14 21

Hi @jeff.birkel,

Since TRCC permission controls the posting to RIC and the fields, do you have the right permissions. Has posting ever succeded?

I could offer few suggestions to narrow down the error. Can you try to update only one RIC at the time. In the error RIC, can you try updating only one field at a time?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @jeff.birkel

If other RICs with the same fields and values etc are working, it is unlikely to be a Coding or API issue - more likely a TRCC service issue.

I recommend you raise a ticket with the TRCC team via My Refinitiv

Please select "Thomson Reuters Contributions Channel" for the Product choice and include details of the actual RIC that fails and ones that work as well examples of fields + values you are attempting to post.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @jeff.birkel

Can you please share the RICs that are failing with the NACk Code?

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
40 2 1 6

Thank you, Gurpreet and Umer, for your help.

Today the original payload of RICs posted with no errors although I made no changes on my end. So my immediate issue is resolved but I do not know why. I'll leave this thread open for now and see if I can find out what if anything was changed on the TRCC side.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @jeff.birkel

Thanks for the update - this further confirms the issue most likely lies with the TRCC service - and not an API / coding issue - which is what this forum can help with.

Therefore, I would recommend you raise a ticket with the TRCC team to identify what if anything changed at the server/service level. I would hate for you to proceed with a false sense of security, progress your development and then hit a problem again later down the line.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22k 59 14 21

It might be the case that you are exceeding the posting limit on the particular RIC. TRCC enforces how many updates a user is allowed to contribute and it is different for each contributor and RIC.

TRCE:MaxMessagesPerSecond field in the Login response message can tell you what the maximum contribution rate is.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.