question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 0 0 4

In TRTH requestbody contentfieldnames which field name will give me if the trade is buy or sell?

I have looked at all the field names available and none of them indicate whether the trade is a buy or sell trade. Maybe I missed the name for that field.

tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ffiitb,

If you are able to post the complete request, it will help TRTH forum members and moderators to better understand the question at the API level?

Hello @ffiitb,

If you are able to post the complete request, it will help TRTH forum members and moderators to better understand the question at the API level?

What contentfields can I add which will tell me if the trade is a buy or a sell trade?

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
21.9k 58 14 21

Hi @ffiitb,

You have not posted complete request endpoint as requested by Zoya. Unlike an order, I doubt a trade message has a buy or sell side. You can see the sample message and fields in the online API help and data content guide.

If you still need clarification, please raise a Content query from MyRefinitiv which will allow you to communicate with a Content expert.

Select *I need help understanding content within the product* and appropriate product e.g. 'Thomson Reuters Tick History'.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hi @ffiitb,

In my understanding, any trade is both, someone bought and someone else sold, i.e. trade is never just one, either a buy or a sell.

Which is why I agree with @Gurpreet. that I would not expect a trade tick ( if you are requesting TickHistoryTimeAndSaleRequest) have a side.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.